Why do some videos stream smoothly while others stop and start?
CastTV Helper November 25, 2009
Here is a list of potential causes / solutions to help you troubleshoot:
- You may have a slow internet connection. If you’re on wireless, try plugging in for a more consistent connection.
- Your video download speed may be slow or inconsistent. Sometimes it helps to pause the video and let it load (you’ll see a progress bar somewhere on the player). Wait for the video to load completely or at least halfway.
- HD - Watching a high definition video that’s pausing to buffer? Try a standard definition version of the video - this will load faster than HD.
- If you have a lot of windows open on your browser, the buffering process will slow down. Close windows you don’t need.
- Your computer’s video graphics card may not have enough memory to stream videos smoothly. You may want to try watching from another computer.
- The server the video is hosted on may be experiencing high traffic and slowing the video down. There’s nothing you can do about this other than to choose another video source if there’s one available on CastTV.
CastTV is a video search engine, meaning we don’t host videos or have control over streaming speed. We provide simple and organized access to online videos, no matter where they are hosted.