CastTV Helper December 02, 2009 •
One Stop Watching Support
Welcome to CastTV's Help homepage. Here you can learn more about how to use CastTV, access help articles, read about known issues and request help if you have problems. We encourage you to troubleshoot any issues you may be having so you can get back to watching your videos.
Using Help Resources
CastTV's Help Resources are always accessible in the sidebar of your Help home page.
CastTV Helper December 02, 2009 •
CastTV is the ONLY website that provides "one stop watching" for all online videos: TV shows, Music Videos, Viral Videos and everything in between.
CastTV gives you choices, so YOU decide how you want to watch your favorite videos. Video is exploding on the web - CastTV's sophisticated video search technology automatically finds and organizes web-wide video for your enjoyment.
CastTV does NOT require you to:
- Create an account.
- Pay for videos.
- Install software. (However, some video sources may prompt you to install their software.)
Browse On CastTV
CastTV's video search technology automatically finds and organizes web-wide video so you can browse TV shows, Music Videos, popular Viral Videos and more!
Browse a list of popular TV shows from around the web. Find full episodes of your favorite TV show, or discover something new to watch.
Browse the Guide to see the free TV episodes for the week. Your favorite shows from ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC and more.
Watch the most popular Viral Videos from around the web.
Watch videos being shared on Twitter right now.
Try our beta Music Videos product. Watch videos by your favorite artist or track what’s popular across genres.
Search On CastTV
CastTV is like a Google for web video. We have developed web-wide video search technology so you can find any video you want!
The left sidebar is a powerful tool. Filter your search results and find exactly what you’re looking for.
When you search for a TV show like How I Met Your Mother
, you'll see:
- Autocomplete - This feature suggests TV showpages, Movie pages and other video pages we think you might want to visit, based on your search. Use your arrow and “enter” keys to select any of the pages in this list.
- TV showpage - A showpage icon at the top of the search results. Click the icon to visit the TV showpage, where you’ll find all the episodes available on the web (free, paid and subscription).
The fast-changing world of online video is hard to keep up with. You don't need to worry about which website has the video you want to watch - CastTV's automated search technology does the work for you!
Watch On CastTV
If a video is embeddable, you can watch it without leaving the site. Check out the extreme base jumping video below for a good example of this.
At the bottom of the extreme base jumping video, you'll see the CastTV player. Use the CastTV Player to:
- Email the video to a friend.
- Share the video on Twitter or Facebook.
- Embed the video on your website or blog.
- Save the video in your Favorites to rewatch later or share with friends.
- Watch a video Fullscreen.
- "Pop Out" the video and make it the size you want. This is an excellent way to watch something like March Madness from work!
If a TV show or video is not embeddable, you'll need to go to the source site to watch it.
Multiple Sources / Copies / Parts
CastTV’s video search technology automatically finds new videos (TV episodes, music videos etc) as they’re available and removes videos as they’re expired.
We want to offer you choices about what to watch, so sometimes you’ll see a TV episode or music video with:
- If you're not finding the TV show or video you want to watch, it may not be available online yet. Please check back later.
- If you're outside the US, some videos will be region restricted and might not work for you.
However, CastTV's technology does find and organize video from international websites. More info here.
Share On CastTV
Love it? Hate it? Want to tell your friends about it? CastTV makes it easy for you to share the best (and worst!) videos with your friends on Twitter and Facebook.
On our TV showpages, you’ll see stickies for your favorite shows. Grab the code to embed the image on your website or blog and show your family and friends where to find Lost episodes in one place.
CastTV Helper November 30, 2009 •
How is CastTV different than YouTube, Hulu and other video sites?
CastTV offers a comprehensive view of the videos available online. We find and organize videos from sites all over the web.
CastTV does not host videos, so there is nowhere to upload your videos onto our site.
How much does CastTV cost?
Currently there is no charge to use CastTV - we are a free service. We want to offer you choices about which videos to watch, so our video search technology finds and organizes:
- free videos
- paid videos (to rent or buy)
- subscription-only videos
The only time you would have to pay a third party is if:
- you buy or rent a video (from a video source like Amazon or iTunes)
- you subscribe to unlimited viewing from a website that hosts video (like Netflix or MegaVideo)
Looking for free TV? Visit our Online TV Guide and browse the past week in free TV. Your favorite shows from ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC and more.
Do I have to have an account to use CastTV?
No, creating an account is completely optional. You can use most of CastTV’s features without logging in, including searching for a video or browsing a list of popular TV shows to watch online.
Do I have to install special software to use CastTV?
No, CastTV is a web application and we do not require you to install software. However, some video sources may prompt you to install their software.
Is there a limit to how many episodes / videos I can watch on CastTV?
CastTV finds videos from all over the web. Many of the websites we find video from have NO viewing limits but a few do, for example MegaVideo. There may also be workarounds for some of the viewing limits.
I live outside of the US. Can I still use CastTV?
CastTV’s video search technology finds videos from all over the web. Playing or downloading the actual video is not within our control. International streaming is very important to us and we encourage content owners to make their online video accessible to all users across the globe.
We do find videos from international websites including CNN, MTV, MegaVideo, zShare, WiseVid, YouTube and more. Here are some tips to find videos you can watch outside of the US:
- Browse our list of Online TV Shows or our Online TV Guide and look for an international site’s icon next to the episode name.
- When you search for a video, you’ll see a list of sources in the left sidebar. Click on one of these international sites to filter your results, and then try playing the videos.
- Add the name of an international website to your search. Here are some example searches: family guy megavideo, house youku, britney spears youtube.
We can’t always tell if a content owner has cleared the rights for a TV show or video in a certain area of the world but this will give you a good place to start watching.
Why are my videos on CastTV?
CastTV wants to index every video on the web so it's easy for you to find your videos without visiting a bunch of different video websites.
- CastTV’s video search technology automatically found your videos from the website where you uploaded them. Similar to the way Google finds information on websites, CastTV automatically searches video sites from YouTube, to Hulu, iTunes, and everything in between to find TV shows, Music Videos, Viral Videos and more. *We do not host videos - your videos are not uploaded to CastTV.
- Anytime someone publishes content to the web it is likely to be found by a search engine. Search for your videos on Google Video Search - you are likely to see them. Here is a list of more video search engines that may index your videos: wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_search_engine